The Early Arts Guild of Victoria is a non-profit, volunteer organisation which was formed in 1978. While the Guild's overall task is to promote Medieval, Renaissance and Baroque Arts around Victoria and beyond, its main concern is to support the activities of the:
Specific assistance provided for these groups includes:
- Early Music Consort of Melbourne
- Rippon Lea Renaissance and Baroque Dancers
- Australian Gesture Workshop
In addition, the Guild has instigated a number of one-off community projects to advance the work of notable artists and it is now developing a growing range of performance opportunities for young Early Music singers and musicians.
- Planning, promotion and staging of a wide range of performances and occasional tours
- Promotion of the Art of Gesture locally, interstate and abroad
- Purchase and maintenance of historic musical instruments
- Purchase of books for the Early Music, Dance and Theatre Archive
- Administration of the Early Music, Dance and Theatre Archive
- Arrangement of exhibitions to promote the Early Arts
- Financing of these activities.
Please note the Coming Events section of this web site. Performances are the end result of the Guild's work. Without your on-going support this work cannot be continued.